Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top 10 Horror Movies

Since Halloween is coming up very soon, I thought I should share my top ten favorite scary movies of all time! You might think, "Hey, this movie isn't scary!" Well this is not the list of most disturbing films; I will be creating a post for that next. In the meantime, here is my top 10 horror films!

10.) The Shining


Not so much scary, but I love the setting and the psychological stuff that goes on, and I also thought it was creepy that it's based off a true story. But once every single comedy show began making references to the movie, I just didn't find it as scary as it use to be. Great great movie though!

9.) Dawn of the Dead


This movie was kinda scary since the zombies look like what I would expect out of original zombies. I found the movie to be disturbing and humorous at the same time. The part that always gets me laughing is when one of the villains rushed to the blood pressure monitor when zombies were slowly chasing after him haha!

8.) Texas Chainsaw Massacre


The serial killer creeped me out and the death scenes were, in my opinion, intense! What really scares me about this movie is that it's based off a true story and that some of the blood in the film is actually real!

7.) The Exorcist


The originals are always the best films! This movie was amazing and creepy from beginning to end! I found it annoying when people used the possessed girl as a YouTube Screamer though; sure it's scary, but it's also aggravating as hell!

6.) The Fly II


See description for The Fly.

5.) The Fly


The Fly and Fly II were awesome movies! I love that they made gory scenes of acid burning through the human skins and seeing nothing but bones; this might sound harsh, but I thought those scenes were really cool! The flesh of the people that were transforming into fly-like creatures were disturbing looking. But these movies rocked my Friday nights back in 2009!

3.) Candyman


The theme song "It was always you, Helen" is just pure amazingly beautiful! Candyman always scared me when I was a little kid, the superstition always gives me chills, and of course the bees frighten me since I somewhat have a fear of insects, but a type of fear that makes me angry. Tony Todd, you made a great actor for Candyman and I wished you were the actor on this so called "Remake" instead of another actor that is apparently Caucasian...

2.) Halloween


Once again, the original films are the best! Other than my top 1, nothing is going to get passed the 1978 horror film that has followed me since childhood! I watch this movie as a tradition every October 31st. The movie is really disturbing especially the death scene of the dog only because I'm kind of an animal lover. Pretty much everything about this movie is just too good to be replaced for 2nd.

1.) Day of the Dead


Finally my number one favorite horror movie! Day of the Dead 1985! Why is it my first? The soundtrack is great(scary, beautiful, and it follows it's 80s decade). The zombies creep me the hell out, the claustrophobia in the underground bunker gives me that really intense feeling, the golf cart scene makes me laugh every time due to the squeak of the golf cart and Captain Rhodes looking back like, "Oh sh*t! I hope the owner didn't hear that!". The death scenes always give me chills. This is why this movie is my number one favorite horror movie. So I like claustrophobic type of horror movies lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment